Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
It is a common enough question on MacRumors and answered loads of times so a search would be enlightening… ;)
However, personally, I would go (and have) with the Dell 24".
Unless style matters beyond all considerations of cost and added functionality, then the ACD.

or you live in the uk, where the dell 2408 is actually more expensive:eek:

As such, i went for the 23" acd, although it hasn't been delivered yet!

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
I have the 2407wfp by dell, and couldn't be happier. And, may I add, it looks noticeably better than my housemate's 23" ACD and has a USB hub (very beneficial because I have a mbp) and a bunch of inputs (one of which is connected to my xbox) to boot. The colors are rich, detailed, and extremely accurate. No ghosting whatsoever.

Unique Visuals

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
In the woods
Photographer-Graphic Designer needs a accurate monitor

Ok I have a new Mac Pro 8-core 3.2 Ghz.
I have been researching for monitor/s to go with it for over a month, and very sad at the offerings and expense. I have used two Hitachi 21" CRTs that have .18 dot pitch and great colors but of course they are very weak now. I had hoped that I could get two around 24". The last good posts seem to be about two years old. The buyers guide says the ACD are expected to be updated soon but I need something long before june/july. Im leaning mainly toward the 23" ACD at this time. (ps. Are the ACDs with the proper VESA mount able to be in portrait mount? ) HELP! please :confused::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.