I'm going to pull the trigger on a 2.93GHz Quad next week. I want the high clock speed and now that I'm fairly confident it will handle more than 8GB of RAM, I think this is the best bang-for-the-buck choice for me. Here are the RAM options I'm considering... 1. Buy it with 3GB installed, wait a month to see what happens to 4GB DIMM pricing and possibly buy 12GB in a month or so. 2. Buy it with 6GB installed and then wait for a few or more months for 4GB DIMM pricing to come down and buy 12GB whenever it seems reasonable. Then try to sell the 6GB on ebay. I'm going to go with 12GB sooner or later, it's just a matter of when. The issue with buying 6GB now is that I may not actually save much by waiting for the 3x4GB to come down... depending on how much I can get for the 6GB. I guess it's a question of how much 3x4GB might come down in the short term vs. the next few months. BTW, my work load is going to be primarily working on AVCHD video (hobby not professional).