Decision help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beaverman3001, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

Ok, I never read these iPhone forums and am not up to date on potential rumors for the possibilities of the iPhone 5 so I'd appreciate some input. I can buy an iPhone 4 right now (I'd prob get the white one assuming it drops next week), but what would I potentially be giving up not getting the iPhone 5? A5? Redesigned casing? HSPA+? (I'm stuck with ATT) Outside of those I can't really think of anything I'd miss that is obvious or that I would care about (NFC).

Anything I'm overlooking that should make me want to stick out a few more months til the next revision? I have a 3GS at the moment, which isn't a bad phone by any means, but I could still easily sell it for more than a iPhone 4 costs on contract right now, not so sure that will be the same once iPhone 5 hits.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

No one can help you make that decision, just like no one knows what the specs of the next phone will. The pricing structure of the phone hasn't and won't change.

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I honestly think that unless you desperately want the latest features and specs (8 MP camera, A5 chip etc.) that the next iPhone is pretty much guaranteed to have, there's not much point in waiting for the new model.

The iPhone 4 is an awesome phone and is still very competitive with its latest rivals. Regarding a redesigned case, I don't think much will change (if anything). Apple spent a heck of a lot of time and money designing what we have now, so I'd be very surprised to see it change dramatically again within one cycle.

4. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

At this point, if you have a phone that works, I would wait for the new ones... if not, you won't be disappointed with the 4.