Decision help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beaverman3001, Apr 23, 2011.

  1. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

    May 20, 2010
    Ok, I never read these iPhone forums and am not up to date on potential rumors for the possibilities of the iPhone 5 so I'd appreciate some input. I can buy an iPhone 4 right now (I'd prob get the white one assuming it drops next week), but what would I potentially be giving up not getting the iPhone 5? A5? Redesigned casing? HSPA+? (I'm stuck with ATT) Outside of those I can't really think of anything I'd miss that is obvious or that I would care about (NFC).

    Anything I'm overlooking that should make me want to stick out a few more months til the next revision? I have a 3GS at the moment, which isn't a bad phone by any means, but I could still easily sell it for more than a iPhone 4 costs on contract right now, not so sure that will be the same once iPhone 5 hits.
  2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603


    Jun 30, 2008
    No one can help you make that decision, just like no one knows what the specs of the next phone will. The pricing structure of the phone hasn't and won't change.
  3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a


    Jul 13, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I honestly think that unless you desperately want the latest features and specs (8 MP camera, A5 chip etc.) that the next iPhone is pretty much guaranteed to have, there's not much point in waiting for the new model.

    The iPhone 4 is an awesome phone and is still very competitive with its latest rivals. Regarding a redesigned case, I don't think much will change (if anything). Apple spent a heck of a lot of time and money designing what we have now, so I'd be very surprised to see it change dramatically again within one cycle.
  4. Apple 26.2 macrumors 6502a

    Apple 26.2

    Jan 1, 2011
    What up, 212?!
    At this point, if you have a phone that works, I would wait for the new ones... if not, you won't be disappointed with the 4.

Share This Page