iPhone Decision Making: Upgrading to Ios 8.1 [JB]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by XxUnkn0wnxX, Nov 12, 2014.

1. XxUnkn0wnxX, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014

XxUnkn0wnxX macrumors member

XxUnkn0wnxX

now i wanted to upgrade to iOS 8.1

once these tweaks where available for iOS 8.1 Fully Functioning as these are very important to me:

1. mobileterminal

2. Background manager

3. xcon

4. winterboard

5. flipcontrolcenter

6. safari downloader +

7. intelliscreen

8. powerbanners

9. auxo2

10. BlurredMusicApp

now these are ordered from 1 the must have tweak (can't live without it), 10 least important tweak.

now these are either currently not working or have partial support.

and i know that background manager will no longer have support for future ios's

and this worries me. is there an alternative that does the same thing?
    is it ever going to be updated?

and i heard mobile terminal for iOS 8 is out rumours but not confirmed..
    i use the terminal often and is needed for debugging issues...

now i was going to upgrade once most of these tweaks where functioning on IOS 8.1 but with apple on the clock working on iOS 8.1.1 with the JB Fix..

and without the possibility of saving iPhone 5s Blobs for future downgrade/upgrade to iOS 8.1 in later future puts me under pressure..

i did a bit of research on the Blobs it can be used to upgrade to firmware as well not just downgrade that apple is no longer signing.

and tinyumbrella does seem to work on OS X Yosemite tone of java class errors. and as for Redsnow no support for A5 Chips yet/IOS 7+

the only possible future is see is either i am stuck with iOS 7.1.2
    if lucky there is a way to upgrade to iOS 8.1 later on after apple stops signing iOS 8.1 using custom DNS server or something similar..

or i upgrade now but loose the tweaks i can't live without :( but also really want iOS 8.1.

so i'm stuck...

I really need at least terminal & some kind of background manager alternative.. as i am a huge fan of mods and certain games you cannot mod like Simpsons tapped out or godus / server sided games as they quit when you leave the app. unless you use an tweak like background manager to make then run in the background like you never quit..

2. Tmlfan3 macrumors regular

I would think its way more likely that a future JB comes out for 8.1.1 or whatever in the future than being able to upgrade to an ios not being signed.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If you "can't live without" those tweaks, you have your answer: stay where you are. Another jailbreak will be along eventually, and by then most of your preferred tweaks will probably be working with iOS 8.

I narrowed my own "must haves" down to just two--and I'm still having to leave my iPhone 5 on 7.1.2, because one very popular tweak out of those two apparently isn't going to be updated before the signing window for 8.1 closes, and no alternatives have been updated yet either. Oh well! 7.1.2 is stable, and not so far behind that I can't update apps. I'll live just fine with it until the next chance to JB comes along.

4. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

The tweaks will eventually be updated if they have not been already.. so you should go ahead and upgrade and install the ones you can and wait for the others to be updated.

5. XxUnkn0wnxX thread starter macrumors member

XxUnkn0wnxX

well the other issue presented is that many of my apps and games now require iOS 8. and more and more of my apps get unless to me...

the main two issues that pose concern is mobile terminal and background manager which i heard no news of updates only mear rumours.

and no alternative for background manager..

6. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

MTerminal works fine on iOS8. it works just like mobile terminal. What does background manager do?

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Background manager essentially makes any specified app run as if it is in the foreground, even though it's not

Kinda like how you can truly multitask on a desktop OS

8. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

Oh ok. Cool. Apple's background app refresh doesn't do that?

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Nope, only the current app that is open is considered running in the foreground on stock iOS (I think this is the case for all mobile OSes, but don't quote me on that)

10. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Didn't know about mterminal. Thanks!!

11. XxUnkn0wnxX, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

XxUnkn0wnxX thread starter macrumors member

XxUnkn0wnxX

well i upgraded to iOS 8.1, about half of my tweaks art functioning and flip control centre is glitchy. when it comes to some of the switches like the vibration switch it doesnt always turn on or off.

also mobile terminal for iOS 7 from insanelyi works fine on iOS 8.1

+ iOS 8.1 has serios Wifi Issues tone of POSIX errors from cydia time to time and SSH only lasts about a min and then it freezes/crashes.

i know apple going to fix wifi issues ion iOS 8.1.1 but will these fixes ever be ported over to iOS 8.1 as a jailbreak tweak/fix ?