Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

am2am

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
I'm using Photos managing my 50k+ RAWs library and its doable. I'm not living from photography but I consider myself serious enthusiasts. Photos has its limitations of course, but it really depends on your use case. Batch editing/processing is one of the missing features I hope apple will add in time.

There are two features Photos can be really useful for thread starter based on the initial post: "..Organizing into themes. (By Geo, by Family member in the picture, etc) Most of the time is probably spent here .." --> faces and memories
I personally love it - after initial faces processing (it took a while with 50k photos) I can select a person and create few minutes memory with smartly/automatically selected photos covering last 15 years - priceless.
Photos on its own creates memories - not all of them are relevant, but I find it fun to get last years anniversary memory when the date is coming.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
I must admit I am still not clear what the OPs end goal is.

What does the OP mean by Photo Project and it’s a gift? What is the gift and the end result?

So far all that is described and discussed is possible workflow. But workflow to achieve what? Is it to reduce to 60K photos to a manageable set to then give to someone to look at? Will it be a book to view on the coffe table? It is just a directory of files to flick through?

What is the end goal here?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Given that the thread was started in 2016, I suspect the OP has found something that suits his needs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.