Decisions, Decisions, are freaking killing me.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by airjuggernaut, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    #1
    alright so im freaking pumped for Leopard, and was thrilled to hear about the Up-To-Date Program.
    This is my first mac experince, and I know how apple is very unpredictable with new products.
    So of course now I cant freaking make up my mind.
    My first option is
    1. Buy a brand spankin' new 1.83mhz C2D Mini now, get a free printer (free printer deal is good till 0ct.22 on apple canada's website), and also of course get Tiger AND Leopard for 11.99 when it comes out.

    or

    2. Wait on the Mac Nano rumors, and get the latest revolutionary top notch shiz with the latest graphics card, and new apple design, etc.

    Im extreamely undescisive Plus I'm not an EXTREME gamer, but I was hoping to atleast be able to run CS Source, and the Intel GMA950..well we all know sucks.

    The thing is, I'm only 14 (turning 15 in a few short days) and this isn't my mommy or daddy's money. This is money I have earned by working my ass off in the summer, So when I get the "**** I SHOULD HAVE WAITED Feeling" It freaking kills. So please help before i drive myself insane.

    Oh and any Recomendations on Keyboard's and Mice?
    Im thinking of getting a Logitech MX Revolution and a Regular Apple Keyboard?
    Is there a better comobo out there? One that maybe works with WINDOWS and Mac?

    Thanks For Putting up with my stupid indecisiveness.
    Looking forward to your replies.
     
  2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

    QuarterSwede

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2005
    Location:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #2
    For an almost 15 year old that was quite a good post.

    If I were you and worked my tail off all summer, I'd play the waiting game just to see if anything (Mac Nano) materializes over the next few months, before the holidays.
     
  3. valdore macrumors 65816

    valdore

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    Location:
    Kansas City, Missouri. USA
    #3
    If you need the computer now, the Mini. If you can prolong the purchase, I would wait. The Mini doesn't really float my boat the way the iMac and Mac Pro do.
     
  4. HLdan macrumors 603

    HLdan

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    #4
    Put your money on something that is actually here. It's only a rumor in regards to the Mac mini nano.
     
  5. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
    #5
    I would go for option 1, as the Mac nano rumors are exactly that, rumors

    And lets not forget the rumors are not exactly from the most reliable of sources either
     
  6. FatSweatyBlldog macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2007
    #6
    Depends on when you feel you need the computer.

    Obviously, if time is of the essence, get the mini now. Otherwise, I would wait and see if there are any post-Leopard announcements about a new Mac Mini, Mac Nano, or whatever. Updates to the Macbook line MIGHT be an indication of the upgrade path (if any) planned for the Mini.

    Right now, you can find good deals on refurbished Mac Mini's in Apple's on-line store. They go quickly daily, and you have to pay especially close attention to the specs of the offered machines, as the refurb store sells multiple generations of mac mini's, depending on stock (i.e. Core Solo, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo mini's).

    Last I saw, a 1.83 Core Duo w/Super Drive is $479 (i.e. late 2006 high-end release). The 1.83 Core 2 Duo w/Combo drive is $499 (i.e. most recent low-end release). The 2.0 Core 2 Duo is $679 (i.e. most recent high-end release).

    Good luck!
     
  7. airjuggernaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    #7
    Sorry guys, I was kinda of busy for a little while, so I didn't get time to come on.
    I read all your advice, and would like to thank you a lot for taking the time to read and respond.
    Elvira(on 123macmini.com) thanks for the exceptionally great response.
    I will tell you guys what I have decided.

    So here it goes.

    I talked to my parents and told them about how I'm getting the Mini with my savings. They were happy, but my dad heard about the macbook from a friend and played around with it and really liked it.

    He said that I should get the MacBook instead (albeit being more expensive), because it would be more Useful for me, a better value(because I would spend just about the same in Peripherals for the Mini), and would come in handy when I goto University in about 2 years.
    I have around 850 Saved up, so he said he would loan me the 200 bucks, which would allow me to get a C2D refurb from apple, and then I could pay him the 200 bucks back at a later date.
    So I agreed, and am now getting a Macbook :D

    I'm really Excited , because I've never actually owned a Laptop before :D
    Thank you Again!
    I am now STOKED For My Very First Mac Very Happy also my first Independent (with a little loan from my dad) Purchase :)
     

Share This Page