Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.......

MacMan93

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2006
Now with the Clearance of 4GB iPhones I have a dilemma!

Unfortunately I can not afford $60 a month for phone service.

Heres the case.

I want to buy the 4GB iPhone or the 8GB iPod Touch. I have a 5G 30GB iPod already.

Now heres the deal. I am only taking up about 2GB's of Space on my iPod.

Also, has it been discovered if you can use an AT&T Prepaid Sim in an iPhone? I am using prepaid right now and decided if I go with the iPhone I ma-swell try to get some phone service.

One side of me is leaning towards the iPhone because I'd think the resale value would be better than the Touch in a few years....and I always have the ability to pick up a full fledged plan eventually.

But the other side of me is leaning towards the Touch because it has double the amount of space. It also would be cheaper if I were to pick up a refurb later. (I'd probably get it for 299 new...but if the refurbs are cheap enough I may go for that)

Or should I just wait for some iPhone Refurbs to roll in?

Thanks! :) :apple:

Malamutt

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2007
Now with the Clearance of 4GB iPhones I have a dilemma!

Unfortunately I can not afford $60 a month for phone service.

Heres the case.

I want to buy the 4GB iPhone or the 8GB iPod Touch. I have a 5G 30GB iPod already.

Now heres the deal. I am only taking up about 2GB's of Space on my iPod.

Also, has it been discovered if you can use an AT&T Prepaid Sim in an iPhone? I am using prepaid right now and decided if I go with the iPhone I ma-swell try to get some phone service.

One side of me is leaning towards the iPhone because I'd think the resale value would be better than the Touch in a few years....and I always have the ability to pick up a full fledged plan eventually.

But the other side of me is leaning towards the Touch because it has double the amount of space. It also would be cheaper if I were to pick up a refurb later. (I'd probably get it for 299 new...but if the refurbs are cheap enough I may go for that)

Or should I just wait for some iPhone Refurbs to roll in?

Thanks! :) :apple:
Wait 2 months and see if the price drops again! :) j/k It's your money.

:apple:Malamutt

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
iphone refurbs were already available. the question is will they now be 199/299 given they were $100 off retail?