Decisions decisions ......

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lindat, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Lindat macrumors member

I currently own an iphone 3gs. I'd like to upgrade to a 4S, but I'd also like to own an ipad which I've never owned. So, my decision is :
    Do I upgrade my phone or buy an ipad for Christmas? What would you recommend and why? Thanks :)

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I will say iPhone 4s.

I do prefer the iPhone 4 S instead of the iPad 2 for the following reasons:
    Better HD camera.
    Beautiful Retina Display, once you get used to it, you never want to see something else.
    It is way more portable than the iPad.
    There will be an iPad 3 sometime early next year.
    I travel a lot, and lugging the iPad is more cumbersome.
    I am spoiled with the Retina Display resolution.
    Doing video chat with the iPad 2 is not so portable as it is with the iPhone.
    The camera for pictures is insanely great, and has a flash, the iPad 2 has a mediocre camera.
    The jump for 3Gs to 4s is huge.
    In January 2012, you will looking back at the great pics and videos you were able to capture with the iPhone 4s, and you will regret not having one before.

3. Lindat thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I appreciate your views. It is because a new ipad is due out in New Year that I'm hesitating, but I so want one :) I think I'll stick to the phone like you suggest. I'll see what others think too.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

5. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I would definitely go with the iPhone 4S , even tho I like my ipad a lot, but like above said the resolution on the iPhone is great and the camera is awesome (pictures on the ipad aren't worth it for crap- I hate people at show and in las Vegas strip taking pics with an ipad they look like crap) also the iPhone 4S is a great piece of Hardware and software (the ipad too) and if you upgrading only to a 16 gb you will pay 200$ with contract , by next year if the ipad 3 comes out on march you will be able to get the ipad 2 for like 300-350$(again 16gb) and you could actually get the best of both worlds :D , btw I recommend you spending extra money for more GB if you take a lot pics and videos on iPhone trust me is worth it