Decisions, decisions...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sportguy0913, Nov 19, 2008.

1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

I am in high school now and when my C.D. Comes do (in April), I'm going to either:

A. Get the MacBook/MacBook Pro (haven't decided), when the iPod deal rolls in

-or-

B. Wait until October for the upgrades to hit the MacBook line again.

Which should I do? If it is only going to be a minor processor upgrade, of course I'll just get the MacBook in April, but if it is going to be something as major as taking away the huge clickable trackpad and adding buttons, I might consider waiting with all the gripe I'm hearing from people who have misclicks. What would you advise and what do you think about the update next october (generally speaking).

Thanks.

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Id get a MB(P) on the next update..... which will be around april (some one more geeky may know when the estimate update is due) i think they normally bump the specs twice a year. There will not be major revisions of the MacBook line for good few years!

This new track pad is amazing! I hate using my whotebook now you feel so restricted. They aint gonna get rid of it.

3. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Nehelem might be released in Oct of next year (I think so). If so that will be a major update. It is worth waiting for me, but each has to decide for themselves and what their current needs are. Other than that probably small bumps.

4. timestoby macrumors 6502

i guess if you can wait,then wait. but if you need one now,then just get one.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I dont think huge clickable trackpad is going anywhere, its an apple innovation and they rolled it out in all their laptops except the air, so i am pretty sure they are sticking with it. as for the misclick problem they just put out a firmware update to resolve that this week. I installed it but havent had time to play with my macbook yet and test it out.