Decisions Decisions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boganrulz, Apr 22, 2010.

1. boganrulz macrumors member

boganrulz

I'm a student with limited income. However it's not horrible. I want a laptop for schoolwork and when I am going overseas next year.

While price is not the problem, I just wonder if it is worth saving the extra A$500 or so for the 15" Macbook Pro. My original plan was to just get the 13" MBP, but I'm not entirely sure if it is really the best choice now. After playing with them all in JB HI-FI I liked the 15" more.

I'm not going to be using it for gaming much, that's why consoles exist, mainly schoolwork and internet. So is it worth my time and money?

My best argument to convince myself so far is that it will last longer in terms of how often things get updated (with the new i5 or whatever it is). I'm just building an opinion base here, cause honestly I want the big shiney one :cool: . But in all honesty I'm not sure I can justify it.

2. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

I think performance-wise the 13" will by sufficient for you. If you want to pamper yourself, just get an external display sometime later and hook it up. I have a Samsung XL2370 LED 23" for $390. :)

3. cys920622 macrumors member

Kinda looks like the 15" would be a little oversized to carry around at post-sec. I'm getting the 13" in a few days (When future shop finally stocks up) for post-sec. Depending on how much time you spend gaming and how much time it would've taken you to make that extra $500... it's really all up to you.

But I think i'll be fine with playing games at mid-low settings on my 13.

4. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Only reason to get the 13" is for the form factor; paying that much for a C2D laptop I just can't justify. Personally I find 15" a fine size for carrying around.