Decline call in 7.1 when locked.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thinkadam, Mar 16, 2014.

1. thinkadam macrumors regular

7.1 seems to take away the decline button when a call comes in and the phone is locked.
    You are forced to slide to answer or reply with a message.
    The sleep wake button seems to stop the ringing but not really a decline.

By the way, the decline button is there when the phone is unlocked.

This is an annoying change. Often the phone is on my desk and need to decline a call quickly from the lock screen.

Anyone else notice this?

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

3. hamis92, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014

hamis92 macrumors 6502

There never was a decline button for incoming calls on-screen when the phone is locked, in any version of iPhone OS. The sleep-wake button has always been used for that purpose.

I wonder why people seem to think otherwise...

To illustrate my point, I attached two images from prior versions. One shows iOS 7 before 7.1 and the other iOS 1-5. No decline buttons in sight.

Attached Files:

4. bd4 macrumors member

It's because on iOS 6, you could swipe up on the incoming call screen to get additional options (e.g. decline). You can see it here for example:

http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ios6-phone-options.jpg

Double-click the sleep button works well, but it's not really intuitive. If you're new to iOS, it's not explained in any way...

EDIT: Your screenshot must be showing iOS 5 or older. In iOS 6 they definitely added the option to swipe up on the call screen when the phone is locked.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

x2.

Weird they changed the lock screen options but double-clicking the sleep button has always been the quickest way for me to decline a call.

6. hamis92 macrumors 6502

You're right. I incorrectly remembered it was added in iOS 6.1 or something, but I checked the changelogs and it indeed was added in 6.0. I edited my original post to remove this misinformation.

7. thinkadam thread starter macrumors regular

I stand corrected. Guess I was unlocked and was under impression decline was there.

Thanks all for the help

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's too bad they removed that ability from the lock screen.