Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksoze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
My Series 8 is lucky to get 7 or 8 hours after a full charge. Battery health is at 94%. OS 9.5.1 I have tried many of the tips - re-pairing, lowering or turning off most power stealing options (screen, notifications). Apple support (chat) was essentially useless. The watch is basically useless at this point as it cannot last a full day. On at 8:00am at 100% and hitting 25% by 2:00pm or so.

Anyone found any missing links to power drain issues. Short of a full erase and install, I am out of options and pine for the days when I got the watch when I could go a full day and still have a bit of battery left.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
My Series 8 is lucky to get 7 or 8 hours after a full charge. Battery health is at 94%. OS 9.5.1 I have tried many of the tips - re-pairing, lowering or turning off most power stealing options (screen, notifications). Apple support (chat) was essentially useless. The watch is basically useless at this point as it cannot last a full day. On at 8:00am at 100% and hitting 25% by 2:00pm or so.

Anyone found any missing links to power drain issues. Short of a full erase and install, I am out of options and pine for the days when I got the watch when I could go a full day and still have a bit of battery left.
disable background app refresh for a day and see what that does.
check all the apps that have background refresh enabled, there might be a rogue one ...

when you did the re-pair - did you setup as new or restore? restore might restore something funky ...

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA

That’s terrible! If it makes you feel any better, a full erase and install is pretty quick on the watch. It’s not as bad as doing it on the iPhone. I had to do it on one of mine because it wouldn’t accept a credit card I was trying to add.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
I picked up the AWU and Ive had it for about a week and charged to 100% at 10pm last night, woke up at 6:30am with 92% its 1pm now to 86%. I feel like thats a pretty big dip in the span of sleeping. I had cellular and wifi off as well as most notifications dont have a crazy watch face that uses up batter and raise to wake / AOD is always off.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0084.jpeg
    IMG_0084.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ksoze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Did a full set up as new instead of a reset as a final resort. After erasing watch and re-pairing with phone, it keeps setting up with old content and settings, even though selecting "Set up as a New Watch" after re-pairing.

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
I picked up the AWU and Ive had it for about a week and charged to 100% at 10pm last night, woke up at 6:30am with 92% its 1pm now to 86%. I feel like thats a pretty big dip in the span of sleeping. I had cellular and wifi off as well as most notifications dont have a crazy watch face that uses up batter and raise to wake / AOD is always off.

I charge it right before bed and when I wake up (7h later) I have 98-99% battery.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
Try disabling AOD (always on display). I was getting about 10 hours usage and at least for me with AOD turned off I get almost double the usage - I can now end the day with about 50% left instead of dying by dinner

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.