Decode iPhone 5 serial number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tingtingiam, Jan 21, 2014.

1. tingtingiam macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm trying to learn about my iPhone 5 serial number. I've done some research and the format I've been finding is relevant to a 4S. I'm a newbie at this and was wondering if anyone could break down the serial number for me? What does each specific character in the serial number mean/relate too?

Thank you! :):):)

2. rich32gb5s macrumors regular

Do you get out much? lol

Save yourself the excitement and just type it in the box on this site
    http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html/

3. tingtingiam thread starter macrumors newbie

Hahaha I do get out. This is something for work, I already tried that website, but I need the specifics of each character :(

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Well some parts you can guess on your own also ... for example after checking my stock of 5 iphones (from different shops) ...

C3 - Obviously the factory, China
    The next 6 characters seem to be alphanumeric counter with no special significance
    The next 3 on all my phones are the same so they should have some meaning, cant seem to think of what
    The last digit again is random which would be in sync with the above 3 static letters
    ------------------

I had done this analysis for HTC One, because I was compiling the complaint for the Purple Tint issue on the camera and its serial number system is fairly simple ..

First 2 letters to denote factory (SH,HT,FA)
    Next 2 letters the week of mfg
    The rest of the letters are counter for the unit number