Deep Sea Marine Life Pics...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Very cool pics. Some nice ones with better explanations can be found here.

A zip of all the pics in the post liked to above can be gotten here (better to right click on link and download, as it's a zip file).

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
FAKE! ????

While I do not give my source 100% credit - I believe the web site that monitors fake posting stated this tsunami kicked up life was a fake deal.

But as a marine fish love I was intrigued - fake or not they are cool!

Of couse my source also claimed that these were in fact released from the space ship that crashed's on board aquarium - the impact caused the Tsunami... god bless the radio!
:p

puckhead193 said:
those are creepy imagine seeing those alive :eek:

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
stubeeef said:
enjoyed that, thanks! I like that stuff.

This had to be from "Nemo"
Somehow, that one reminds me a lot HR Giger's creatures. O~O

Black teeth... how creepy is that.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've seen a few of those before, but it never ceases to amaze me what there is out there. Sometimes I think we need to worry a little less about finding ET and spend more time looking at our own planet....

D

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
There is a BBC DVD series call "Blue Planet, the deep sea" and showed these creatures in action! So most are REAL!!!!

Interesting when the researchers dive all the way down pass these creatures, they found a "lake" that was much heavier than salt water. :eek:
Pretty neat!

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Eevee said:
Interesting when the researchers dive all the way down pass these creatures, they found a "lake" that was much heavier than salt water. :eek:
Pretty neat!
Reminds me of an old G.I.Joe episode.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Weird looking sea animals. Thought that one of them has eyes that almost look human. There is still a lot of the ocean frontier to explore. Those are just animals that have learned to adapt in unfriendly environments.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I'm guessing we've only discovered 1% of all total sea life species and maybe 20% of all land-based life forms.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
HOLY! Those pictures are obscene!!!! I want to see more.... and more of them living! I love the fact that there's still a part of the earth untouched by humans... unfortunately not for long. Wowser. Cool pictures... coooooool cool pictures.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
pdpfilms said:
HOLY! Those pictures are obscene!!!! I want to see more.... and more of them living! I love the fact that there's still a part of the earth untouched by humans... unfortunately not for long. Wowser. Cool pictures... coooooool cool pictures.
Too bad almost none of them can live up here... They need pressure to keep there bodies intact.

But Mr. Anderson said it best. There are so many fascinating things- It is unbelievable.

kyle

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Mr. Anderson said:
I've seen a few of those before, but it never ceases to amaze me what there is out there. Sometimes I think we need to worry a little less about finding ET and spend more time looking at our own planet....

D
Very true Mr. A, and to think all that we haven't discovered on this planet, and think about the universe as a whole, and what we have yet to discover....the former is mind-boggleing in itself

anyone remember seaquest? i thought that show was cool when i was growing up, i wish there were more initiatives to explore underseas....

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
As a marine biologist, I can tell you for certain that they are all very real. The email sent around saying they washed up in the tsunami was a hoax though. Those fish live hundreds or even thousands of feet below the surface. For them to was up in the tsunami, it would have had to have been 1000's of feet high.

There are so many incredible creatures to be found in the ocean. Even in shallow water there are creatures that look like they could be from another planet.