Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caralvarez24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Orlando, Fl
In my Mail app I currently have two email accounts set up. One is my main email and one is my college email. I only use the college email account because my school sends all of their stuff through it so I need to monitor it. For some reason however, this account has become the default account that Mail wants to send through. To use the other account I have to click the drop down menu under the subject field. This happens even though my main account is the top account on that drop down menu. I have looked through all the preferences and cannot see where I can choose a default sending account. Can someone help me out with this? I do not ever really need to send mail through my secondary account but having to select the other account every time I want to send an email is annoying. Thank you for all your help!

JustGretchen

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
I know it's like that in the drop down, but check in the actual preferences under accounts to make sure that the list there is correct. Make sure the one you want for default is on the top of that list.

Additionally, if you have a certain mailbox selected on the left when you create a new message, mail will automatically think you want to send from that account.

Hope this helps.

Caralvarez24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Orlando, Fl
I know it's like that in the drop down, but check in the actual preferences under accounts to make sure that the list there is correct. Make sure the one you want for default is on the top of that list.

Additionally, if you have a certain mailbox selected on the left when you create a new message, mail will automatically think you want to send from that account.

Hope this helps.

Think I got it, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.