Default alert messages

Discussion in 'macOS' started by glen.whitehead, Jun 26, 2015.

1. glen.whitehead macrumors newbie

glen.whitehead

I would like to customise the OSX alerts that currently appear in the top-right of my screen: "New Email", "Updates Not Installed", "Backup Started", etc.

The worst thing about these pop-ups is that they disrupt my workflow by demanding my attention when I'm interacting with applications such as selecting far-right tabs in Safari, or the expand button in MS Word. In the worst case scenario, alerts will appear at the instant that I'm interacting with an application with unexpected consequences.

How can I move these alerts to a much less valuable area of the the screen, such as the far bottom right?

2. Skoal macrumors 65816

You may already know but if not go to the Apple logo top left and choose System Preferences>Notifications!

Choose the options you want there. Unfortunately I don't believe there's a way to move the notification from the top right corner but you can change whether it stays on the screen until you dismiss it, whether it fades away on its own, or doesn't appear at all. There are other options as well.