Default Android font for iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TitanTiger, Aug 21, 2010.

1. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

I was messing around with a Samsung Vibrant at the TMobile store and was curious if there was a way to get the default Android font that it and other Android phones use for my iPhone. And how would you install it?

2. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Jailbreak I guess.

4. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I'm already jailbroken. I just don't know how to change the system font or where to get the default Android one.

5. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

You can probably find the font online. As for installing it, you could use DiskAid to overwrite the current default on your phone (?). No idea as to the main font folder off hand, Im sure someone here knows it.

6. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

7. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

This post over on Xsellize exaplains how to replace fonts on iPhone 4 and the Droid fonts are also there.

http://xsellize.com/topic/76661-replace-helvetica-and-helvetica-neue-ui-fonts-on-iphone-4/

You will need to SSH onto the phone and drop them in the folder specified in the post. Heed the warning and make sure you take copies of the originals before overwriting them.

Hope this helps.

8. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Good thread. The one thing that I like about Android phones over the iPhone is the default font, so this should be nice to play with.