Default boot into Windows partition :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dondestagaby, Jun 29, 2011.

1. dondestagaby macrumors newbie

Help! I recently used BCA to create a Windows partition. I successfully installed Windows 7 and the partition works fine, but when I restart my computer this happens:

* gray screen for about 5 seconds
    * black screen with blinking white cursor on top left
    * windows partition starts loading

If I restart and press down function key it will ask me which partition I want to go to. I can choose Mac and it works fine, but I work mainly on mac and I want this to be the default disk.

I already repaired disk permissions from Disk Utility.

Help! Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. aeneid macrumors member

Hey there,

If you open up either OS X, or Windows then you can go into the preferences pane and set which partition you want to boot from automatically. In OS X go to the apple logo, preferences, and then select start up disk toward the bottom right, and select the mac drive that has os x and hit restart. I believe that should make os x your default. In windows 7, just open up the boot camp control panel, and there should be a selection again just like in OS x to pick your start up drive. Again I believe this makes that drive the default, and when you want to boot in windows 7, just hold the option key ( or w/e it is, I forget) and it'll boot into that but keep OS X as default.
    Hope this helps.