Default browser and other apps

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
At the moment Safari is my default browser.

What I want to do if its possible is configure individual applications to use either Safari or Firefox.

I would like Adium( and msn messenger) to use Firefox as default( as MSN is better supported in Firefox) and everything else to use Safari as default.

Is this possible?

Lee

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Hmm... Tricky. :eek:

The default browser is (as you probably know) selected through the Preferences pane of Safari. At a guess, the only way you could change the browser a specific app opens with would be to look through said app's Preferences for some signs of whether a browser can be chosen. I don't use either MSN or Adium though so I can't check myself. Sorry. :eek:

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
mad jew said:
Hmm... Tricky. :eek:

The default browser is (as you probably know) selected through the Preferences pane of Safari. At a guess, the only way you could change the browser a specific app opens with would be to look through said app's Preferences for some signs of whether a browser can be chosen. I don't use either MSN or Adium though so I can't check myself. Sorry. :eek:
Ive been in the preferences of Safari, Firefox, Adium, and MSN, but no joy. I'm thinking that if its possible its probably going to have to be actioned via the Terminal, and i've no idea where to even start with that.

Thanks mad jew