Default Browser

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by niemo810, Jan 9, 2008.

1. niemo810 macrumors member

In safari, when I go to preferences and go to choose a default browser, I have Safari, Firefox, and one with a picture of a generic folder that says "PaperOutputOffice.nib" When I choose it and click on links from other applications, Safari opens anyway. I suppose it isn't hurting anything, but I want to know what it is! I recently uninstalled OmniWeb 5 because I didn't feel like paying for a browser. I dragged the application itself to the trash, and deleted the OmniWeb 5 folder in ~/Application Support. Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks!!!

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

no idea, but we might be able to better answer your question if you use some punctuation.

3. niemo810 thread starter macrumors member

It looks to me like there's plenty of punctuation in that post. Tell me, what was so difficult to understand? I'd be thrilled to better my english skills, oh mighty master of punctuation.

By the way, here's to make up from the last post: !.";',.!&%!(;;:;')"

4. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Um, all punctuation seems to be fine there.. but sorry, I have no clue. Probably isn't a big deal though.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There is one full stop missing after "PaperOutputOffice.nib". I'd suggest trying rebuilding your Launch Services database.

6. niemo810 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, that did the trick.

I hope the grammar police force fills their quota for the month!