Default Calendar Alerts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by doctajay, Sep 5, 2008.

1. doctajay macrumors member

On my WM phone when I make an appointment in the calendar it is set to remind of the appointment by default 15 min. before the starting time. On my iPhone I have to manually set the reminders for each appointment I enter. Is there a way to make appointment alerts/reminders default on the iPhone?

2. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

No and this is probably the biggest feature I miss from my old WinMo phones. Hopefully it will be an added feature sometime soon.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I miss it as well. You can set a default reminder in iCal, and it will carry over to the iPhone. But there is no default setting on the iPhone.:(

4. dannnnn macrumors newbie

has this been fixed yet??

jeez it pisses me off!!!

5. xmichaelm macrumors newbie

Quick Event

The "Quick Event" app is a good start...

6. anishdundoo macrumors newbie

Yes u can set default alerts on iPhone calendar

Just hookup the calendar through Microsoft exchange and then the alerts fro
    Your desktop google calendar automatically sync to it. Once u set the event, just wait for the calendar app to finish reading and then u will notice that an alert will be present.

7. ntepperman macrumors newbie

Is there a fix for this for iPhone 4S/ iOS5? I dumped my BB for a 4S a couple of months ago, and this is one reason why the Calendar (along with the lack of a snooze function for calendar alerts) is driving me nvts.