Default font terror, please help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by coylecoyle, May 2, 2009.

1. coylecoyle macrumors newbie

Hello!
    Sorry to bother you.
    For me, using google currently looks like this...
    [​IMG]

Which has been the case since I uploaded a bunch of (mostly not very nice) new typefaces onto my computer. But apparently I've changed one of the defaults without meaning to.

Most of the internet is okay, but certain sites/bits now look insane, and I can't for the life of me figure out where I can go about changing it back.

Any help would be really, really appreciated!

Thanks.

2. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

You could use FontCase to change back your fonts to the default one: Lucida Grande if I am not wrong.
    You could also check Silk.
    or

Go to:

Code:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ProtectedFonts
    and

Code:
    /System/Library/Fonts
    to sort which font you want to use

3. coylecoyle thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, thanks for replying!
    I've downloaded Silk, which I've used to get rid of the font on safari... but it's only a demo version, and fontcase doesn't work on my computer for some unknown reason (it just bounces in the dock)

Also, it's still appearing in places on other programs on my system (the startup menu on adobe illustrator for instance).
    I've no idea what the name of this typeface is either.

I'm pretty over my head so if you could be any more specific on what I literally have to do in order to solve this, it'd be grand.

Thanks again for your time.

4. coylecoyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh... I think i've got this licked now.

I'm still not sure exactly what happened but I basically just sorted through all the font files on my computer and deleted a bunch of stuff almost at random.

It seems to have done the trick!

5. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

That's what I was going to suggest you, simply delete/replace the font that is messing up to Leopard default font! :p