Default Keyboard in Darker Mode

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by lrsone, Nov 10, 2014.

1. lrsone macrumors 6502

Any keyboards that are the default Apple keyboard but just in a darker version? Sort of like the same kind when you use Spotlight or when you pull the iMessage/Text notification down for quick reply.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Not that I know of but if you find one let me know. Would like that option!

3. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

I saw there is a keyboard called MyKees that is in the approval stage.
    Apparently users can change the color. The developer sent me this when I asked about a dark keyboard:
    [​IMG]

4. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

The Swype keyboard has a dark mode. It's typically a pay app but it's free right now in the App Store (App of the Week). Obviously it has the "swype" typing feature, but you can still tap on it to type like any other keyboard.

5. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I researched this and even considered making one myself. Unfortunately, custom keyboards don't have access to enter passwords or use autocorrect. I decided the forced switching between keyboards is not something that I want.
    If you jailbreak, Bloard is exactly what I think you're looking to have - using the built-in dark keyboard 100% of the time.

Attached Files:

6. lrsone thread starter macrumors 6502

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't know why :apple: didn't include a dark mode for iOS 8 or even for just the keyboard.

7. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

I also think its stupid that it wasn't included... iOS 7.1 beta had the option I was so sad to see it go...

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Thanks, that looks promising anyways.