Default keyboard showing up when disabled

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Cloudsurfer, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

So I installed Fleksy and deemed it good enough to be my primary keyboard, so I disabled the standard keyboards, but every now and then the default keyboard still shows up. Especially imessage has a reputation of forcing the default keyboard, I then have to scroll up to slide the keyboard away and then tap the message field to bring up the Fleksy keyboard.

I am not sure if this is an iOS bug or a Fleksy bug. Sometimes Fleksy doesn't load at all, like in safari for example. I then have to close safari and restart it for Fleksy to appear.

Haven't tried any other keyboards so I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

2. GlideStar macrumors newbie

It's a known issue and one of the many bugs in Apple's implementation of 3rd party keyboards in ios 8.

3. eipangan macrumors newbie

eipangan

It's an issue with both Apple and the custom keyboard. One possible reason why you're seeing the default keyboard is because the third party keyboard is taking a long time to load. Apple did say it will automatically switch to the stock keyboard if the custom keyboard takes too long to load.

That's just one case. There are many other cases. Let's see what happens when iOS 8.1 comes out later this month.