Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MathosJML

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
NSW Australia
Hi,

Does anyone know what this file, default.profraw, is? And why it has appeared? What does it do?

Thanks

alA9wBm.png

ivira

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2017
Kyiv, Ukraine
Thanks for reporting. We're aware of this problem and will fix it in the nearest update. You can just remove it.
It seems to be caused with move to Xcode 9.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
CleanMyMac Team

iebock

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
Thanks for reporting. We're aware of this problem and will fix it in the nearest update. You can just remove it.
It seems to be caused with move to Xcode 9.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
CleanMyMac Team

This still isn't fixed as it is now a year later with numerous updates and I still get it every time I scan.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Reviving this old thread, due to the appearance of the same "default.profraw" file on an iMac running Mojave 10.14.6.
It seems to be generated after any reboot, and running Disk Warrior (DW). I have never installed CleanMy Mac on this system. I have seen it on the root level of my normal boot disk and the target disk after cloning the source disk and then rebooting from the target disk, and also after running DW. I have also seen it on a High Sierra system, but much less often.
Does anyone have any real idea what is causing this?

In regard to the "default.profraw" file, I asked the programmer of a major backup application; Saying ... "I can only assume it is the result of some programming error caused by something I have installed." His reply;
"default.profraw: LLVM raw profile data, version 4"
Some other application must have "LLVM Code Coverage" (a feature offered in Xcode) enabled for their release build.

Now I suspect either cDock or Disk Warrior could be using that coding option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radiomarko

ketterling

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
I'm leaning toward Disk Warrior. I just ran Disk Warrior 5.2 on a my drive, and that file appeared. That's what lead me to this thread. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.