Default setting for ATI x1600

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dimme, Nov 24, 2007.

1. dimme macrumors 65816

I was installing windows on my gfrends MBP 2.33 with a ATI X1600 AND 256 vram. I have a MBP 2.4 with a nvida card and I now it gets hot when I play games. I have a nvide control panel installed to monitor the temperature. I wanted a similar tool for the ATI card. I installed the ATITool 0.25 Beta 14. I may have change the core and memory settings. By uninstalling the app am I setting the core and memory settings back to the default. Is there a mac application that I can see the speed of the video card. What should the setting be? Thanks

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Merely rebooting resets the speed. On that model of MBP, the default clock speeds are 423MHz core, 475MHz memory. (The very original Core Duo MacBook Pro has "underclocked" speeds. My original one could overclock (or is that "re-clock"?) using ATITool to the Core 2 Duo speeds just fine, but after a motherboard replacement, they won't overclock even 1 MHz without causing video corruption.)

As far as I know, there is no OS X tool to view (much less change) the speed of the video chip. ATITool (or similar utilities) in Windows is it.