Default text sound changed?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Rhyno37, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Rhyno37 macrumors regular

Hey guys, just got an iPhone 5 again after having one three months back. I noticed that the default text tone is now "Note" instead of the previous "Tri Tone." Was this a change in a recent update? I have 2 friends with a 4s and a friend with a 5 and their default is Tri tone. What do you guys think of the change? I've already changed back to Tri tone

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

It was changed with iOS 7 back in September 2013.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I'm using the chord tone which sounds almost exactly like tri tone.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

5. SwingOnThis macrumors regular

I like 'note', it seems to linger in the air for about 5 seconds. It's mesmerizing.

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I never use Tri-Tone anymore. That sound is literally everywhere now and it kept tricking me to check my iPhone (it's used in Radio advertisements, TV shows, plus everyone with an iPhone had Tri-Tone). I was always forced to use Tri-Tone as pre iOS 7 text sound choices were awful (except Calpayso).

However, I do not like like "Note" in iOS 7...It is too dull and doesn't grab attention like a notification should. Thankfully, iOS 7 has plenty of extra sounds that are good (I'm using "Hello").

7. Altis macrumors 68010

I miss the old Tri Tone. The new one under "classics" now has a high pitch noise added that sounds like feedback.

Kind of defeats the "classic" part when it's different.

I use Keys for text tone as it's easy to hear in ambient noise and short lived.