default wallpapers, replacing...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fisherking, Sep 14, 2010.

1. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i NEVER use the default wallpapers. i was thinking of putting some of my faves in that location (so they're NOT in my iphoto pix on the phone).

anyone know where these are located? and can i replace them? also...do they need the names the default ones have??

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I've wanted to do the same thing but the problem is that the apple wallpapers are not stored as regular image files like pngs. Also the whole thumbnail thing is done stupidly as each image needs it's own corresponding thumbnail, so you'd have to replace every single one of those as well.

3. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

ugh. what is it with apple? why can't i, without even jailbreaking, get rid of their default wallpapers, and put my own there? apple's control issues are just ridiculous... (as we all know...)

4. THE dAY macrumors 6502

With SSH you can delete the default wallpapers and add your own png files to replace them. No need to worry about thumbnails.

I did this on my first gen and now on the iPhone 4.
    What I did was delete everything including thumbnails in that folder since nothing in there interested me.

Add your wallpapers but name them as: 127@2x.png, 128@2x.png, etc..

The great thing about this is that they will come in full quality and not downgraded like when transfering through iTunes with its photo compression!

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Sweet--just tried this using PhoneView. Added a single png titled 127@2x.png to the folder above, and it immediately showed in the Wallpaper section on the iPhone. No thumbnail needed.

Thanks for the tip!

6. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

works great, thanx (altho, on a 3gs, just did 100.png, 101.png, etc)...

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Sweet. I just deleted all of them. FINALLY got rid of them all.

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Nah, just like to be able to completely dump everything in my camera roll onto my hard drive and delete it from the phone without having to sort through and pull out the wallpapers I actually use. Now I can do that whenever I want, because what I'm using is safely stored under Wallpaper--where you'd think logically Apple would automatically put it. LOL

This would be an absolute non issue for me if they'd just let us make Camera Roll folders on the damn phone, on the fly.