Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ditttoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Recently the default Weather App for my local city has been stuck on 43 degrees at night and will not update - it remains fixed on 43 degrees at night regardless of the time of day and/or temperature outside. The reporting has "been stuck" going on for several weeks now. The forecast data for the rest of the week seems to be updating as expected. Any suggestions on how to get the "real time" data to update for my city?

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
DO you have service? You know, data service? DOes everything else work on your phone? Can you send and receive email. Can you get on the internet?:confused:

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'd delete my city and try re-adding it. That may fix the issue.

EDIT* I'd also move it to the last page and use The Weather Channel app. :)

ditttoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Phone continues to work fine in all other aspects and all other cities for the weather app....have tried deleting and readding but still have no luck with local weather updating....forcast changes but current weather shows 43 degrees at night although it's 1030am and around 25......

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Phone continues to work fine in all other aspects and all other cities for the weather app....have tried deleting and readding but still have no luck with local weather updating....forcast changes but current weather shows 43 degrees at night although it's 1030am and around 25......

What's the city? Could very well be that Yahoo isn't updating that city anymore or some other code glitch on their end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.