DefaultDesktop.jpg

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iNash, Apr 19, 2009.

1. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this:

Every month I change my wallpaper and in order to make the whole look more complete I also change the DefaultDesktop.jpg files under Core Services to the same image.

I just think it looks better for OS X to log in to the same wallpaper instead of changing from Aurora to my wallpaper :cool:

Never had a problem, however now for some reason any picture I put in there named DefaultDesktop.jpg OS X doesn't recognize it. Instead I just get a light blue wallpaper (almost as though the picture is not there).

I have tried this with loads of pictures and the only one that works (surprisingly) is Aurora (but not the original one just one I have downloaded after Googling OS X Leopard Wallpaper...

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

3. iNash thread starter macrumors 6502

iNash

:confused:

OS X's default filetype for the wallpaper is definitely a JPEG (just for sanity I changed the file to PNG anyway which didn't work).

Any other suggestions?

4. noobsauce macrumors member

same problem here, its a jpg, same resolution as my desktop, and exact same name as the aurora one

5. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Secrets let's you modify the default background image, among other things.

6. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Might be wrong but are you sure you have the casing correct for the filename?