Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debsagos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
So i’m Watch OS4 and am using the Siri face......now whenever i have just finished listening to something open my phone and look at my watch (even 10 mins later) the whole watch face is the ‘playing on IPhone screen’, not my watch face. WHY???
[doublepost=1505925990][/doublepost]Ahhhh, i think I solved it.....’autolaunch audio apps’ was enabled in settings!

davidb8

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2013
Came here to complain about the same thing. Cheers for the tip
[doublepost=1505927709][/doublepost]If anyone else is looking it's under general>wake screen

Reactions: debsagos

Daki

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2010
I noticed that this morning as I was driving to work. Pandora was playing through the iPhone in the background and the pandora app automatically showed up on my watch. I thought it was pretty cool. I like having the controls on my watch, but it used to be too annoying to start it up every time.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I actually like the auto launch audio apps for Now Playing. I used to have to press the dock button and then scroll to Now Playing if it wasn't the last docked app I looked at. But yeah, I too noticed that the Now Playing audio controls were still showing on my watch even though I had paused the app. I get it though... how does Apple know whether or not I'm going to unpause and keep playing? It's easy enough to dismiss by pressing the crown, so it doesn't bother me. I will keep that feature enabled.

Sean

Reactions: chabig

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
I actually like the auto launch audio apps for Now Playing. I used to have to press the dock button and then scroll to Now Playing if it wasn't the last docked app I looked at. But yeah, I too noticed that the Now Playing audio controls were still showing on my watch even though I had paused the app. I get it though... how does Apple know whether or not I'm going to unpause and keep playing? It's easy enough to dismiss by pressing the crown, so it doesn't bother me. I will keep that feature enabled.

Sean

I don’t see any option to disable “auto launch audio apps”- where is that, please?

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Just wish I could browse iPhone playlists and start the music from Watch like pre WatchOS 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.