Defeat Wired.com's Ad Blocker Blocker

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hack5190, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Hack5190 macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

Recently wired.com started blocking visitors with Ad Blockers (aka: uMatrix) from reading their content.

Block scripts from www.wired.com in uMatrix and the Ad Blocker Blocker is gone :cool:

Wired.jpg

Enjoy!

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I use uBlock and there's a place in the preferences to prevent it from bringing up the anti-blocker nonsense:

[​IMG]

3. Michael Anthony macrumors regular

I noticed their blocking recently; I've taken to simply not bothering to visit their site, anything that is not an opinion piece is available other places online. You'd think a tech site would understand why we block their ads and don't want to give out yet more payment details - though I also do understand why they block those who block ads ($money $money $money)

4. Imixmuan macrumors 6502

I used to be a big Wired fan, back in the day. They have turned into a shrill hypemonster, nothing they print is worth the time to read it. Like others said above, same info, better presented, is available elsewhere. They would repost articles from quanta magainze and that certainly is worth the effort to read. Check it out sometime (mods: no affiliation).

https://www.quantamagazine.org/