Defeating Newspaper Paywalls When Using iOS Device?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Mojo1, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

I'm finally canceling my newspaper subscriptions... Our state's major newspaper charges $36/month in our semi-rural area vs. the $10 or so it costs in the metro area. At the same time it has a limited publication schedule and its content has been reduced... Monday's edition had a total of ten pages!

Our local newspaper has announced another subscription increase to over $20/month while it fires staffers, converts most of the remaining reporters to freelance status and publishes more and more user-contributed content (photos, columns, travel articles, etc.) that they get for free. (The local rag was purchased by a large national publishing outfit...)

I have no problem getting around paywalls on my Mac but I am in the dark about how to do the same when using an iOS device. My Startpage searches haven't turned up anything useful so I am turning to the Macrumors community for advice... App suggestions, links to websites appreciated!

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

So, if I understand you correctly, you are asking for help stealing content? I'm not judging you, rather, I am just looking to clarify the question. Do I have it right?