Defect iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manishans, Nov 17, 2013.

1. manishans macrumors member

Hey Guys,

Need some advise! I'm from Sri lanka and i'm going to order a 5S for a pick up order so one of my colleagues who is in NY will pick it up before returning in Dec.

I read in this forum that many phones have defects such as a crappy touchID or battery issue or some issue where they have to get the phone replaced. If I get this down to Sri Lanka, if there is any defect i would not be able to get it replaced since it'll be in Sri Lanka, So do you guys think I should wait maybe until next year to buy one so that new 5S's will have a lower defect rate? I'm currently using a 3 month old iPhone 5 that i bought from Apple India

There are 5S's available locally, a few of them were imported before apple announced the battery issue so there might be a few that was effected and here it costs about 890 USD unlocked!

Let me know your thoughts! ;):confused:

btw there is no Apple Store in Sri Lanka :(

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

You could find a defective unit on any model of any brand ...

The only question is: is it a wise choice to buy an unsupported model on your country ?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Id get a phone that its easily serviced in your locale. As the other poster mentioned, its not an Appel thing, defects occur and you don't want to sacrifice your ability to get service on it because of a given make.

4. manishans thread starter macrumors member

What do you mean by unsupported?

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You can't get the iPhone officially in your country, you don't have support from Apple if you have a problem.

The battery issues affected a very small percent of buyers. The TouchID issues seem to be exaggerated as well. If you want one, go ahead and have your friend pick one up.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

It isn't officially imported and distributed ... You are on your own

7. manishans thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, I have decided to wait till about Feb to buy one because the iPhone 5 i have is perfect and the 5S is only slightly better and touch ID isn't much of an attraction to me! :D:D:D:D:D

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

The answer to that question is NO. OP's next thread will be "my 5s stopped working and now I can't get it fixed".

Smart choice OP, dumb decision to buy something that you can't service if it malfunctions.

9. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Get the phone now and enjoy it
    Remember there's millions of happy 5s customers with perfect phones.