Defect with phone call/text sounds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SephirothXR, Jul 7, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

I think I read about this before but didn't notice it until now, but don't know too much about it. Is it supposed to be a common problem when a text message or phone call comes, the speaker sort of disrupts the sound and it's a lot more "rougher"? Music is fine, but this is the only thing that messes up. Is it more of a software or hardware problem?

2. grozier macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I have noticed it on my new 3GS. Even with the volume at a low level, the tri-tone sound for text messages makes the speaker sound defective. But all other sounds seem fine. I did not notice the problem on my 3G which was also running 3.0. I'm hoping it gets fixed in 3.1

3. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

my tri tone will sound slightly distorted if its turned up, not enough to bother me though.

what does bother me is the fact that we cant customize our txt sounds and other alerts, it's a joke. How its been omitted this long is beyond me...