Defective 3G iPhone screen - bought from O2 - will Apple store replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjw, Jul 14, 2008.

1. sjw macrumors regular

I went into O2 on my lunch break and asked about getting it replaced, but of course they had no stock and supposedly no idea when any more was coming in - so helpful - when I asked "Can you call me when you get some in?", her reply was "Hmm I'm thinking...just a second" and then she had to go and consult someone. They really don't seem to care about 'customer service'.

From the sounds of it Apple stores have better stock levels than O2 and more consistent replenishment. Will they replace my iPhone for me? I was going to swing by Regent St. after work but if they are just going to send me back to mess around with O2... :(

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Could you tell us, the way in which you came to conclude,
    that your screen 'defective'?

Yellow'ness? - This is not a defect. :)

R-Fly

3. sjw thread starter macrumors regular

It's not the "yellow-ness" - I think the screen looks brilliant. But in the bottom left corner it looks like it has 'faded' - it's a cluster of dead pixels. Not just one or two but a whole heap. Always there, and very noticeable when watching movies or anything with a dark background.

4. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Just give Apple a ring - with the first gen iPhones they certainly allowed you to go in and replace them at the Apple store

5. D3lta macrumors 6502a

You should be able to.

I bought my original iPhone at an AT&T store and went to an Apple store to get it replaced, wasn't a problem.

6. markym07931 macrumors regular

should be able to..

someone bought a phone at o2 on friday, and swapped it in an apple store I was at on... friday.... .

M