Defective 3GS Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaycarroll, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jaycarroll macrumors regular

Anyone else notice connection issues with the headphone jack? If I even touched it while on a call it would cause all types noise and static.
    I made a Genius Bar appt and the guy agreed and gave me a replacement - which we proceeded to test, same issue. He then pulled out another replacement which then seemed to sound better. So, I took that and left.

HOWEVER, I didn't notice until today that the second replacement was actually the older headphones without the volume control... *sigh* So, back to the 'Genius' Bar I go, this time with lockup/crash issues as well.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, bad headsets are quite difficult to deal with at the Apple Store. The genius should have given you a NEW replacement and not the one behind the counter. Could be your headphone jack and that would require a new iPhone....:eek::eek::eek:

3. jaycarroll thread starter macrumors regular

It was 'new', as far as I could tell. Packaged and wrapped with the clear plastic cover in both instances. We tested the pair behind the counter and they worked fine - which is what prompted him to replace the headphones rather than the iphone.

The thing is, I know he was checking part numbers in the drawer when he grabbed the replacements - so either it was packaged wrong or he intentionally gave me the older version. :rolleyes: