Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Hi!

I have to send to Apple, my 2011 Macbook Air notebook because it is making unusual noises and the battery suddenly decreased by more than fifty percent . The Apple technican I previously spoked to, tried to resolve both problems but it was unsuccessful and today I contacted Apple tech support and was told that I have to send in the notebook for repair as they may have to replace the fan and battery.

I thought that the battery in this notebook was non-removable, so I was wondering how they can replace the battery if this is so?

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Hi!

I have to send to Apple, my 2011 Macbook Air notebook because it is making unusual noises and the battery suddenly decreased by more than fifty percent . The Apple technican I previously spoked to, tried to resolve both problems but it was unsuccessful and today I contacted Apple tech support and was told that I have to send in the notebook for repair as they may have to replace the fan and battery.

I thought that the battery in this notebook was non-removable, so I was wondering how they can replace the battery if this is so?

"Non-removable" (by end-users) without voiding your warranty. ;)

You could do it yourself if you really wanted to.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
If it was completely non-removable (welded into the case) then when the battery wears out, u need a brand new laptop?

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
If it was completely non-removable (welded into the case) then when the battery wears out, u need a brand new laptop?

So if the battery is welded to the case and the battery is defective, Apple would have to replace this notebook with another?

wolfpuppies3

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
No, it is not welded.

If under warranty, they'll fix it for free. Nothing is forever.

If out of warranty they will charge you to fix it.

Same as with your car, camera, TV, or microwave oven.

Where is the surprise?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.