Defective Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dlo604, Aug 20, 2009.

1. dlo604 macrumors member

So ever since I've got my uMBP at the beginning of June, I have been using coconutBattery to check my battery life and what not.

Recently it has dipped below the 5450 mAh under a month. I take it out occasionally and when I do take it out it's to my girlfriend's house to watch some videos that I have on my HD.

As it stands my coconutBattery is reading 4912 mAh. This is worrysome and considerably lower for a uMBP that's barely 2 months old. I've calibrated the battery twice. Once when I first got it and once yesterday before I slept.

I'm thinking of bringing it to Apple, but I bought my uMBP at FS. I know that I still have my AppleCare does this cover it? I mean I feel as though as it should considering the fact that it's clearly not the user's fault?

Any advice is appreciated as I'm planning to have this issue resolved by tonight. Oh another thing, if it is a defective battery will they be opening my baby up? I have babied my laptop since day 1 and don't want it to be opened up already. I mean It's not the same! Will they provide a new uMBP or will they just change the battery? I'm really concerned considering the fact I haven't even started school and I will be lugging my uMBP around campus when my project is not to be done in the Labs for HW. (I'm taking a New Media and Web Development Course)

Thanks!

2. dlo604 thread starter macrumors member

3. dlo604 thread starter macrumors member

Ireally need this answered by today please helpppp

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

CoconutBattery is not entirely accurate, and does sometimes vary largely with the values it gives.

What's the actual battery expectancy showing in the top right corner? What settings is this at?

5. Mr.Gadget macrumors 6502

Mr.Gadget

Since the laptop is new, I would just call Applecare and run it by them.

6. sab150 macrumors regular

im having exact same problem
    my 13mbp max charge capacity dropped from 5450mah to 5200 after a day! and has slowly been dropping after afew use!

is this normal becuase i have read everywhere that most people are getting 5450mah for months after they bought the laptop