Defective iPhone 5S replacement (Blue/Psychedelic Screen of Death)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madKIR, Nov 13, 2013.

1. madKIR macrumors 6502

Long story short: I'm on my 3rd and worst replacement.
    All the replacements were from DN factory (white boxes).
    Weeks 37, 39, 37. All have the interlacing screen issue and rattling lock button.
    The current one also comes with a defective processor.
    The unit goes nuts every time I do anything processor intensive on it, like playing a game or running Geekbench 3.
    Attached are the videos of the phone.
    Meanwhile Apple promised to send me a brand-new retail box instead of a white replacement box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCoarI-ORVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ApTYsMpMtM

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I'm sure the DN means nothing bc my DN 5s does none of that. The button is loose but cant hear it in videos. Ive never noticed the interlacing thing ever, even on phones with interlacing.

The DN is just a lottery. I had a C3 phone that was horrible, same with F2.

3. madKIR thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it is. Last year my DN iPhone 5 was the best out of 8 replacements. LOL

This year my C3 iPhone 5S (the original one) was ok (even the compass was perfect on 7.0), but after a week the screen started making a clicking/cracking sound...this is how I got into this lottery again:mad:

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

That's the funkiest BSOD I think I've ever seen.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yeah my C3 (C38) home button made a cracking sound then just broke completely. The F2 power button was loose and moved up and down as well, returned it. On my third (DN) and everything is just OK. So I kept this one. Gold to be spec so its hard to get replacements too.

6. digitalfailure macrumors regular

My 5s blue screened as I clicked your youtube link. ios7.1 can't come quick enough!

7. zeezey macrumors member

Uh oh my screen is making a clicking sound..Should I get it replaced? It only does it sometimes and it goes away.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The OP is on his 3rd iPhone 5S replacement and he replaced his iPhone 5 eight times last year. The problem clearly lies with the anal retentive OP.

9. madKIR thread starter macrumors 6502

Sure!
    You made this brilliant conclusion by doing what? I'm sorry.....
    If you think that a $900 product should be ok with interlacing screens, rattling buttons, and.....oh wait, did see those videos I posted?:rolleyes:

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Making those videos are further evidence of your anal retentiveness. Yes, interlacing video might not be normal but you'll hear rattling where the camera is and that's normal and not from the sleep wake button.

11. madKIR thread starter macrumors 6502

What are you talking about?!
    Did you see the videos? It's not about interlacing or rattling.
    Jeez! Is that too difficult to check it first before spreading your negative BS?!

12. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Actually the rattle is from my sleep wake button. Holding it down while shaking makes no noise.

13. madKIR thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, I had the same thing as well (2nd replacement).
    While recording a video any move would make the button rattle and produce a cringeworthy sound in the actual video.

14. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

I opened the thread with the same thought, but those videos do tell a different story.

I have never seen an issue like that. Im on my third 5s, but the first was a dropped/cracked rear glass near the lens. The second had a very loose screen at the top corner and it was very obvious to everyone including Apple staff that it was a bad unit.

15. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yes but its so hard finding one without the rattle though. I don't see any point in going through this lottery bc I have no interlacing screen and my screen is warm but def not yellow.

EVERY single 5S ive personally seen has the rattle. Yes its not a lot but when 100% of the display models at Apple have the rattle, I'm assuming it's going to be very hard finding one without.

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Exactly. It's anal retentiveness to the extreme and the OP is the problem.

17. madKIR thread starter macrumors 6502

Go kill yourself troll! The thread is not about rattling. Watch the videos!

----------

Well, personally I don't care about the rattling issue. I wanted to replace the second one mostly due to the screen: it had terrible interlacing up to the point when everything looked low-res.