defective iphone bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by absolut333, Oct 7, 2010.

1. absolut333 macrumors newbie

I received a defective bumper from Apple's free bumper/case program thru online. Defective as in the iphone's sleep/power button will not press with the case on. If i take it to the Apple store, will they allow me to switch for another bumper seeing as they have the bumpers in store now?

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

It's definitely worth a try, make sure you take some sort of proof with you showing that you got it from the free case program. Without and receipt or whatever the chances are slim to none I'd say.

3. Bearsfan1099 macrumors newbie

I'm going to take my bumper back too. The sides are literally ripping off more and more and I don't mean the plastic part. Worth a try at least...

4. Mastamuffin macrumors member

Good luck. I took my bumper to the Apple store because the soft rubber was seperating from the hard plastic, and they said it was not covered.

5. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

if its used they will not replace it if you got it through the free case program.

6. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

Same thing is happening with mine :(

7. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

that's exactly what happened to mine. I noticd 2 days ago.
    Look at this pic [​IMG]

it's really a "bummer" of a "bumper" :p because I wanted to buy a coloured one but if they last for only 1 mont before falling off.. then it's not worth the 29$.

morever.. it's 29$ in the States and 29 euros in Europe.. totally stupid considering 29 bucks is 20 eur. That's 20% moe expensive even considering the sales tax in the US added on top of the 29$.

8. Mastamuffin macrumors member

9. sjn419 macrumors regular

this is what mine looked like. I took it my apple store and they ordered me a new one under the bumper's one year warranty.

[​IMG]