Defective iPhone XS Max Red leather case?

bstocks32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
So my red leather case for my XS max arrived today and it has 3 stains on it! :( There is not an Apple store near me so I had to order it online. Should I contact customer service and ask for a new one?

Did this happen to anyone else?

Attachments

shr631

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2013
So my red leather case for my XS max arrived today and it has 3 stains on it! :( There is not an Apple store near me so I had to order it online. Should I contact customer service and ask for a new one?

Did this happen to anyone else?
If there’s no Apple store near you I’d jump on chat and ask them for a replacement. And ask if they can bump you if there are backnorders since they messed up QC. They’re available until 9pm Pacific time so you can do it now. Those don’t looke like normal variations in the leather, though I’m no leatherologist - I dropped out of leathrology school :/

Reactions: JamiLynee

bstocks32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
I just got done chatting with Gelo who was EXTREMELY rude! He told me to go to an Apple Store to replace it (after I told him 5 times the nearest store os 2 hours away) or he said to purchase a new one and return the old one for a refund. I told him I will not be spending more money (my original case was split with a gift card). I asked to speak to a manager 5 times and he kept ignoring me. I will be calling in the morning.

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2014
I just got done chatting with Gelo who was EXTREMELY rude! He told me to go to an Apple Store to replace it (after I told him 5 times the nearest store os 2 hours away) or he said to purchase a new one and return the old one for a refund. I told him I will not be spending more money (my original case was split with a gift card). I asked to speak to a manager 5 times and he kept ignoring me. I will be calling in the morning.
It's a real b**** sometimes but if it's THAT important to you, you might have to make the trek

bstocks32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
I will give them a call tomorrow. I have super OCD so those 3 dots are killing me lol

JSway

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
To be honest, the leather case is the least type of case you want to be OCD with due to the wear and patina.

The only issue I had with a leather case is it did not fit the phone properly so it would like come off as I was pulling the phone out of my pocket.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I have returned many of these Apple leather cases because of blemishes or down-right strange striations. The leather really is super thin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.