Defective MacBook Pro (Late '08) --> iLife '09 Pre-installed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jzj687, Jan 11, 2009.

1. jzj687 macrumors regular

Hi,

I was an early adopter of the Unibody Macbook Pro when they first came out.

I got a BTO MBP (4gb/320gb/2.53ghz).

It has been slightly "defective" since I got it: My "caps lock" button only works intermittently; the top line of buttons are crooked; sometimes a DVD won't go into the slot as if there's something blocking it, but there isn't.

I don't even know if these things constitute defects, but assuming they do and assuming they'd need to be replaced: I never brought it in because I needed it for school and couldn't live a day without it.

So, assuming the above, I was wondering: If I brought it in to be replaced (or whatever the procedure) in the next while and they had to give me a new laptop, does anyone know if the new iLife '09 would be installed on it?

*I have Applecare

2. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

If it qualifies for a replacement, you might get lucky. But they're not obliged to give it to you... you got iLife '08 free, and that's what they're obliged to give to you. Anything more than that is just gravy.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I can't believe getting iLife 09 is your main concern. :p Your machine will get serviced, they don't just replace machines especially for the issues you have.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It won't have it preinstalled. You did not buy it before the release date. Apple aren't even shipping it yet either so it's not on any of the replacement machines.

They'd probably just fix it anyway.

5. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

Your best hope is that someone daft enough to fall for such a ruse is working at the Apple Store that day.