Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
anyone else getting damage like this on their smart cover. This thing has been babied and I want to know if I should exchange it.

a4064daf.jpg

skaterboy

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
I have the leather black case and its soft in between those raised portions, I think due to the mechanics of folding the soft portion is going to end up like that. Mine is not as bad but its certainly soft and lifting a bit as it gets used more.

RandomGuy26

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009
really ??

while you are at it.. why dont you see if they have a case for the smart cover too ?

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
really ??

while you are at it.. why dont you see if they have a case for the smart cover too ?

I realize it is going to become worn, but this looks like a defect to me which is why I am asking if anyone else is experience the same damage. No need to be snotty about it. This happened after 2 days of light use. For $40 I expect more and if it is this bad after 2 weeks what will happen in a month.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
I realize it is going to become worn, but this looks like a defect to me which is why I am asking if anyone else is experience the same damage. No need to be snotty about it. This happened after 2 days of light use. For $40 I expect more and if it is this bad after 2 weeks what will happen in a month.

Are you sure that was 39 dollars? That looks like Cream color to me and that means it's leather. So, it should be 69 dollars.

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
How is it a defect when it wasn't like that when you bought it. You said it yourself it happened within 2 days of use. Something you did caused the damage.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I'm asking if anyone else has issues like this. I am using it normally and did not expect the cover to start splitting. Why do people on this forum always attack each other? I'm not saying the smart cover is garbage so chill-out. I'm not trying to trash Apple so there is no need to jump on me like a pack of wolves. If you think I'm crazy then ignore my post. Does anyone with a poly cover have similar damage?

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
How is it a defect when it wasn't like that when you bought it. You said it yourself it happened within 2 days of use. Something you did caused the damage.

Do you think it's normal for the cover to split after two weeks use and never leaving the house. If my iPad battery melted while I was using it as intended is that a defect?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I'm asking if anyone else has issues like this. I am using it normally and did not expect the cover to start splitting. Why do people on this forum always attack each other? I'm not saying the smart cover is garbage so chill-out. I'm not trying to trash Apple so there is no need to jump on me like a pack of wolves. If you think I'm crazy then ignore my post. Does anyone with a poly cover have similar damage?

All you gave us is one line and a pic of a tiny tiny little wrinkle that anyone would get after using the darn thing. Is it delaminating or something? If it is, by all means get it replaced. But what you described is similar to complaining that your new shoes are defective because they get all creased up after walking in them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.