Defective white incase sliders. Post your experiences here.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by james948, Aug 21, 2008.

1. james948 macrumors 6502

Ok. Went to the apple store today; tried out the white slider on my iphone; long story short, couldn't get it out and the apple guy had to get a genius to wedge it out. I'd read about this before which is why I wanted to check. Some of the white cases are definitely defective. I don't know whether all of them are but I'm certainly going to wait a little while longer before buying. Either that or try them out.
    Can anyone confirm whether theirs is faulty or if it slips on or off easily. The white cases that is, not the black.

2. mattpol macrumors regular

I had the exact same problem. The effort to extricate the iPhone caused some cosmetic damage to my device.

3. roxychicx23 macrumors newbie

White Incase 3g Slider Update

Everyone that has a white incase 3g slider and find it difficult to remove can call customer support. On Monday 8/25 they received a new special batch of white 3g sliders that were made slightly bigger. The customer service manager assured me that it will not be difficult to take off. He sent one out to me on Monday and I received it yesterday. I put it on and it definitely is easier to take off. It didn't take two people to remove. So if you are having this problem I suggest you call and get a new one sent out to you because they only were shipped two new boxes of the slightly bigger white 3g slider.

4. deriko100 macrumors 6502

whats the number

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

6. accord08 macrumors newbie

My case turned blue?!?!

I've had the white slider for about a week now. The fit wasn't a problem, but today I noticed that part of the case is turning blue towards the bottom right edge. I haven't seen anyone else write about this so I don't know exactly what caused it.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you carry the phone in you BLUE jeans pocket? ;) :p

EDIT:
    So I called Incase to try and get my case replaced with one that I can take off and I talked to the customer service manager (I swear he said his name was 'Gonzo'). He told me something very interesting that I thought I would share. He said that apparently Apple used different manufacturers for the iPhone and one of the factories produced iPhones that were slightly out of spec (resulting in a slightly larger phone). Since case makers were not aware of this, they made their cases to the smaller specs. So, now that the Incase guys have figured this out, they had a special batch of cases made for the specs of the slightly larger phone and are replacing the tight sliders on a case by case basis. He also said that they are trying to get Apple to acknowledge that this is an issue and get it figured out, and that the phones that are having the problem seem to be predominately white phones.

8. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

That is VERY interesting. I went to the 5th Ave store in New York and it turns out they have actually taken all the white slider incase cases off the floor as they kept on getting stuck on customers' iPhones.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

ok, here we go. what is everyone's week number for their white case? :rolleyes:

10. deriko100 macrumors 6502

mines black and it doesnt fit how do you check the week number :(

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

LOL. Please say j/k?

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I considered setting up a poll just to see if there was any ground behind the incase guys claim, but really, I took it with a huge grain of salt. More like an entire salt block... But I sure did find it interesting that they even told a customer that and that he said they had been in contact with Apple regarding it.

13. deriko100 macrumors 6502

im serious