Defective?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eddahlen, Mar 27, 2011.

1. eddahlen macrumors newbie

eddahlen

Hey everyone, I've had my 15" baseline MBP for about two weeks now and I've noticed that randomly it wont load web pages and if I'm in a call on Skype it'll drop. The only way to fix it is to put it to sleep, and open it again. It tells me I'm still connected to my network but nothing will load. It happens pretty frequently, sometimes it'll happen 3 or 4 times within 30 minutes.

I've also noticed my battery only lasts about 3 hours with the backlight at 50% and the keyboard backlight turned off. I have it set to only use the Intel graphics and all I'm doing is Facebook and email. When I use Photoshop and Protools I plug it in so I dont have to worry about it.

Is my mac defective or is there something I can do to fix it myself?

Thanks!

2. eddahlen thread starter macrumors newbie

eddahlen

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

Just make an appointment at the genius bar, hard to tell what specifically it could be.

4. eddahlen thread starter macrumors newbie

eddahlen

Thats the thing, the nearest Apple store is 2 hours north in Portland.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

1. Contact Apple (phone)

2. Battery life for laptops are usually under ideal condition. Try it with flash blocker and see.

6. HBOC macrumors 68020

That sucks..I see you are in Eugene. If you do make an appointment at one, I would highly suggest the one at Pioneer Place (downtown). They really have hooked me up. I went in there just yesterday to see if my screen had arrived (they swapped me my glossy for a Hi-res Matte) and they said it had and that they could squeeze me in right away for the repair!

Dropped off the computer and two hours later it was ready!

I DO NOT recommend "The Mac Store". There is one up here (i have no reason why they are even up here, as there are three Apple Stores within 15 miles of me) and they are always rude.

7. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

That's cool! They swapped your screen. I didn't know the Apple Stores would do that. Awesome! :)

8. HBOC macrumors 68020

yes, this store is great! I had the Matte screen on my old MBP that they swapped out, but the new one didn't have it. I am assuming that it was due to being the day they were released and probably didn't have them in stock.