Defender or Commuter?

frocco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Hello,

Are there any drawbacks on the Defender other that size?

Trying to decide on a decent case.
White iPhone 4s

Thanks

djransom

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
If you're looking for brick protection for your phone then go with the Defender. The Commuter provides great protection, but feels great in your hand as well.

frocco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
I am wondering if the Defender Screen cover would cause problems.

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
It does for me. I popped my screen cover out and use a separate one when I use the Defender.

The thing I hate about the commuter is the uncovered Apple Logo.

defc0n1

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
The Defender is an excellent case but it fails on the screen cover. It covers the beautiful retina display from the iPhone and your iPhone will look pixelated :( I stopped using the defender because of this.

frocco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
The Defender is an excellent case but it fails on the screen cover. It covers the beautiful retina display from the iPhone and your iPhone will look pixelated :( I stopped using the defender because of this.
Could you explain this?
I do not see what it would cover.

Brown Trout

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
The size and grippy texture also means you can prop it against a book or put it in the snap-in clip case and rotate the clip so that it sits at a decent video viewing angle on an airline seat tray. I have a powersupport screen shield & the defender's screen protector on top of that doesn't really affect navigation.

frocco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Ok, I guess I should expand my search for a case.
I would not like to see lint clinging to the case.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Hello,

Are there any drawbacks on the Defender other that size?

Trying to decide on a decent case.
White iPhone 4s

Thanks
I've got defender, commuter, and reflex. Have always loved the defender, but lately I prefer my phone as least bulky as possible so I got the reflex and love it.

REFLEX.

littlehouse

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2010
IMHO Otterbox cases are designed for people who want really strong protection... Defender and Commuter are hard to take on/off. If you really like OB, take Reflex into confideration. At least it's detachable.:)