Defender or HC Ballistic ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by phonejunk, Jun 17, 2012.

1. phonejunk macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, im going to be switching from a Blackberry to a iPhone on tuesday, i was wanting to know what would you recommend for protecting my new investment ?

Im a electrician and need something that can handle drops, etc.

Right now im stuck between the Otterbox Defender or the HC Ballistic, looking for something with a holster, i really dont care about the look or bulkiness. I have heard from others that the otterbox leaves scratches on the phone ?

Thanks in advance.

2. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I have the HC Ballistic and I do think it's a great case, however I don't use it. Actually.. I've only used it twice. (I got it for free)

It's definitely a protective case and I'm sure it would be able to handle your needs, protection wise. I just think it looks really ugly, and the built in screen shield shows tons of watermarks which I find annoying after time.

3. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Never messed with the ballistic.

I'm grateful to my Defender. Don't know if the Ballistic case has the same issue, but some dock (most) won't work with the defender case without some form of dock extender (like this one).

The regular iPhone cable works fine with the case though.

And Otterbox has a new "Armor" series that is also waterproof, but it's not quite out yet.

4. Balibalistic macrumors regular

skip those man and get a seidio covert case and holster. i work in the same rough field and love mine. it has taken any drops.