Defending Apple's preorders

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Joe1602, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Joe1602 macrumors regular

The Liberal:
    "There are kids starving in Africa, and you're complaining that your $1000 tech toy is a week late? We should confiscate your watch, sell it and give the money to poor people. Income inequality, grumble grumble, what's wrong with you?"

The Conservative:
    "Apple gave you a shipping window. What makes you feel so entitled to get it on launch day? Entitlement, that's the problem with America. Kids these days! Grumble, grumble, what's wrong with you?"

The Libertarian:
    "It's simply supply and demand - free market without government interference. If you don't like it, buy one off of Craig's list. What, you want the government to get involved? The government is evil! What's wrong with you?"

The literalist:
    "It SAYS 4/24 - 5/8, so no one can complain until 5/9. They told you the exact window before you bought it. So nobody can complain. What's wrong with you?"

The blamer:
    "It's your own fault. You had 12 seconds before the shipping date slipped on the SS space black with black link. You're too slow, that's what's wrong with you."

2. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

After it's all said and done, I think they should have done it like traditional rollouts, lines, pre orders, etc...

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

4. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

I guess I'm a literalist. As long as I receive my watch in the designated time period I have no complaint.

The best thing about this launch is the elimination of the lines and giving the online orders a priority. The lines and the scalpers have always put Apple and Apple fans in a bad light.

It was always upsetting to see the scalpers get their phones every day while I wait weeks to get mine.... :cool:

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

According to the informal poll around here, the first production watches were made in week 12-13 which is just before the time pre-orders started April 10. Knowing this info now, there was no way Apple every could have fulfilled launch day pre-orders. For products like iPhone, they build and stockpile units well ahead of time to meet the initial demand. I guess they didn't want to get stuck with unsold inventory if the watch wasn't popular.