Deff Cleave Case for iPhone 5

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago

Signal seems unaffected, but I'm sure there will be some interference.
I already know I'm going to have problems with the iPhone5mod dock I just ordered. For $10 I am pretty pleased.

Last edited:

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
It's a two piece that I'm 99% sure is painted just like most of the imitations that you can purchase. Feels sturdy when assembled, and I have not experienced any wiggling of the iPhone within the case. Does definitely add some width, which is good because I have large hands, but that's why I always preferred cases like this and element cases since the iPhone feels too small in my hands. Since the case was only $10 I feel I really received my moneys worth.

fireman13

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2008
Florida Panhandle
Thanks man,
I ordered one. I mean for $10 if it isn't any good at least I'm not out much.

Any chance you could take some pictures with the phone in the case?

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
@fireman I'm not sure what you mean. The phone is in the case.

@ECUpirate44 I have vinyl skin around the rim of the phone so I'm not sure. From previous experience with the 4s I'm pretty sure there will be some slight scratching if the case is not securely attached. Buttons are easy to press even with my large fingers. I always like the design of the deff cleave sleep/wake button and that holds true with iPhone 5 version.

fireman13

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2008
Florida Panhandle
@fireman I'm not sure what you mean. The phone is in the case.

@ECUpirate44 I have vinyl skin around the rim of the phone so I'm not sure. From previous experience with the 4s I'm pretty sure there will be some slight scratching if the case is not securely attached. Buttons are easy to press even with my large fingers. I always like the design of the deff cleave sleep/wake button and that holds true with iPhone 5 version.
sorry, i just read what i wrote. I meant, is there any chance you could take the phone out of the case and get a couple of pictures.

mr lee

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
I saw you have it on LTE there, have you tried with voice calls and on WiFi? Any major interference issues?

Thanks.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Wow...the real Cleave for iPhone 5 looks absolutely gorgeous. One of the most beautiful cases I've ever seen, and it seems the reception isn't affected from their text.

Direct currency conversion puts it at $100 US, but I wonder what the actual US price will be.

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
Wow...the real Cleave for iPhone 5 looks absolutely gorgeous. One of the most beautiful cases I've ever seen, and it seems the reception isn't affected from their text.

Direct currency conversion puts it at $100 US, but I wonder what the actual US price will be.
Yup that looks stunning!

OPTICS

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
Just got this bumper off eBay. THe screws were screwed on tight.... real tight. I tried removing them turning clockwise and counter clockwise and ended up with stripping them. Can any tell me which direction do I go to remove the screws and if there are any tips to removing these screws?

Thanks

EDIT:

Of course, as soon as I posted a message for help, I end up getting those screws loose....

Last edited:

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Just got this bumper off eBay. THe screws were screwed on tight.... real tight. I tried removing them turning clockwise and counter clockwise and ended up with stripping them. Can any tell me which direction do I go to remove the screws and if there are any tips to removing these screws?

Thanks

EDIT:

Of course, as soon as I posted a message for help, I end up getting those screws loose....
Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I have a knockoff of the plastic version. And while it looks nice, i just don't like the way it feels in my hand